Development Manager – Peace Neighborhood Center
This position is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to learn the ins and outs of grassroots fundraising for an organization with an amazing track record in offering wrap-around support services to families in need for nearly 50 years. This mission-critical role identifies, engages, cultivates, solicits, and stewards current and prospective donors in expanding their financial support of the services Peace Neighborhood Center provides to area families. Major responsibilities also include managing recurring grant submissions throughout the calendar year, maintaining the Raiser’s Edge donor database, maintaining the organization’s social media presence and creating brochures, newsletters and mail appeals as necessary.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Executive Director to cultivate donors, develop fundraising plan
- Write grants and research new funding sources
- Maintain and enter donor gifts into Raiser’s Edge database
- Create/mail donor thank you letters and appeals
- Organize events & committees
- Create publications & promotional materials
- Attend area events on behalf of the organization
- Research new grant prospects and donors
- Coordinate with area churches and service groups
- Maintain relationships with major donors
- Maintain/update organizational website and social media
- Identify compelling stories for development publications
- Receive in-kind donations
- Take/collect photos of organizational events for publications, website, & social media
- Cultivate/maintain vendor relationships
- Maintain email accounts and G-Suite for Nonprofits account
Education or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of fundraising or NPO management experience
- Proficiency in MS-Office Suite
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus
- Candidates must also have excellent verbal and written skills.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time exempt (Will include some evenings and weekends)
Salary: Competitive salary based on work experience and education
Application Instructions: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary expectations and date available to start in your cover letter. Include “Development Manager” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls or faxes accepted!